Thursday, November 4, 2021, in Marian Hall, 7-8:30 p.m.
If you think our children are safe online, think again.
Although technology is a wonderful tool, new digital dangers are emerging; prevention practices and policies struggle to keep up. Officer Don Stanko is slated to discuss digital danger and what parents can do to help their children through practical, relevant prevention strategies that help minimize risk. Topics include:
- The impact the digital world has on our children
- What technology can do and how it can leave a user vulnerable
- How to be an advocate and support network for your child
- How to monitor online behavior and coach children on responsible use of technology
- Learn when to get involved with online problems and when to seek outside help
- How the law applies to the digital world
This presentation is relevant for all parents & caregivers. The digital world impacts children of all ages. It’s never too early to learn ways to protect our children and it’s never too late to learn more and do better!