The St. Vincent de Paul Society & IC Knights of Columbus continue the parish tradition of a food collection for the St. Vincent de Paul pantry; however, COVID-19 precautions necessitate a food drop off outside at the Garage (east parking lot near the Grotto). Donations can be made from your car. NO donations are to be brought into the Church or Gathering Space.
During this season of thanks and giving, we are collecting non-perishable items to prepare food kits for home delivery to some of the families in Columbus who experience food insecurity.
Drop donations off following the 9 a.m. Thanksgiving Day Mass (Nov. 26). Volunteers will be available to receive donations until 11 a.m.
Guidelines for what to donate:
- Creamy peanut butter 16oz jars
- Soups (Progresso or Healthy Choice – non-creamy soups)
- Tuna fish
- Canned baked beans (Bush’s baked beans)
- Canned fruit (no pineapple)
- Canned whole kernel corn & Canned green beans
- Spaghetti, pasta & pasta sauce
- Meal helpers (Hamburger and Tuna Helper)
- Rice dinner mixes
- Boxed potatoes
- Canned dinners (Chef Boyardee and Spaghettios)
We thank IC parishioners and IC Knights of Columbus Council 14962 for support of the St. Vincent de Paul Society with donations to our food pantry, clothing drives and generosity at our Fifth Sunday collections.
Thank you for your generosity!