Calling All IC Parishioners! Please join us for IC does the Derby VIRTUALLY! Due to the covid-19 pandemic, we were unable to have the IC Festival, our biggest fundraiser of the year. The 146th Kentucky Derby was rescheduled to Sept. 5th for the same reason. This gave us the perfect excuse to have some parish community fundraising fun as we make memories and raise money for the IC School Sustainability Fund.
SIGN UP to participate in IC does the Derby VIRTUALLY in a few ways:
- From your phone, text the number 762-78 with the message, ICDerby.
- Or, go online to ICDerby.givesmart.com
Once signed in, you can register and join in the action while supporting the IC School Sustainability Fund! We need your support to spread the word! Share on social media, with friends and family!
Call the Parish Office at 614-267-9241 and refer all questions to Barb Good Fortkamp.
Here are several ways you can help this fundraiser be successful!
- Become a Legacy Family Sponsor. A $250 donation goes directly to the IC School Sustainability Fund. This is a wonderful way to support Immaculate Conception with money you may have otherwise spent on various church festivals, a cancelled trip, or a few amazing dinners out. We would like to honor the generosity of each Legacy Family sponsor by featuring them on our social media sites and in the church bulletin. This allows us to get to know one another even better and build a sense of community during this unprecedented time.
- Purchase a Specialty Derby Bourbon Drink Box. We have put together 50 Specialty Cocktail boxes which include official Kentucky Derby Glasses, bourbon and mint blueberry syrup to make an amazingly refreshing Derby cocktail to sip while we watch the 146th running of the Kentucky Derby from our own living rooms. Each box also includes a 1:50 chance to win a weekend getaway at Hocking Hills. ($450 value Donated by a portion of the funds collected from IC student families for classroom festival baskets photo on above site).
- Purchase the official IC Does the Derby t-shirt! These amazingly soft and well designed shirts will be a great reminder of this unusual event! Shirts are available through the link above. Order deadline is Thursday, August 20! (photo on above site)
- Donate to the silent auction and bid on your favorite items! You can make donations online, or, contact email@example.com or 614-579-3683 to set up pick up! We are especially in need of fun themed baskets, gift cards for local restaurants and stores, cocktail baskets, and getaway donations. If you have donated in the past, please consider doing so again and new donors welcome. Deadline is Wednesday, September 3rd.
- Consider becoming a corporate sponsor. Sponsors are recognized on the event website and in social media and the bulletin. There are many levels available! See announcement in the bulletin from Emily Smith for more information!
- Host a socially distanced gathering in your back yard and enjoy this event with friends and family! Word of mouth and getting people together to enjoy this event is what will make this event successful and fun! Order dinner in, sip your juleps, wear the shirt, shop the silent auction and bet on the ponies. Watch the race with the IC community then listen to the amazing music of Jason Turpening.
- Consider using some of the funds you would have spent at the the IC and neighboring festivals for fun at the IC Does the DERBY event! Can’t wait to see you!
We hope you are able to join us for this unique event! See you at the races!